[TenTec] Operating CW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Operating CW
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:42:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/15/99 11:29:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
supton@eece.maine.edu writes:

<<  Anyhow, how do most people do CW?  I've seen
 stuff for keyers, paddles, and the like; I'm wondering, what does most
 people use to do CW? >>

Hi Shawn,
the first priority is to get the speed up, the best way to do that, is to do
some code practice and listen lot on the bands, you will get used to
interference, learn tuning techniques and TRAIN your ears. At this point
don't worry about sending and speed, that comes automatically.
Good practice is listen to contest operations, way to learn good operating
and get some speed. Or you can "chew the rag" - carry on conversations on CW.
For sending, the choice is between the keyboard and paddles. If your touch
typist, go for keyboard, it doesn't hurt to know the padlle, even hand key.
You never know what gives and it is good to know how to operate the other
stuff.

Good luck!
Yuri K3BU