[TenTec] Operating CW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Operating CW
From: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk (patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 01:16:27 +0100 (BST)
Agreed; the Superkeyer III is a great little gizmo. It has only one
snag for me. It does not run in the "Ultimatic" mode; its iambic. For
those unfamiliar with the Ultimatic keyer of yesteryear, (12 tubes
and power supply in a small box); it used a twin paddle and the logic
was that the last contact closed took control, so you could send a
"3" or a "j" with a single squeeze. None of this annoying
didahdidahdididah stuff. I still have the tube version here,
but now I use the solid state Ultimate keyer from QST a few years
back. It does the same job, has auto character spacing as an option
and and uses a lot less power. It will even go iambic, if you insist.

Now if the authors would care to programme the Ultimatic logic into
the Superkeyer III as an option, I think it would be a real winner.

John G3JAG

E-Mail: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk