[TenTec] the Argo ... 40 meters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] the Argo ... 40 meters
From: supton@eece.maine.edu (Shawn Upton)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:41:17 -0400
JimN0OCT@aol.com wrote:

> Y'all,
>
> 40 during the day is really interesting.  You will find there are alot of
> OM's who are masters of the straight key who would really like to talk to
> you.  Lot's of original 1X2 W calls.
>
> Even with low power, a 40 meter dipole as low as 7-10' off the ground will
> get you 150-200 mile area coverage during the day, longer depending upon the
> F2 critical frequency and the tilt of the F2 layer.
>
> 73 and just do it
>
> Jim NØOCT

I like that--just do it.  I plan to, just gotta remember the code once
again.  Practice practice practice.  Amazing how slow 5wpm sounds when
you're listening to 20wpm, but it's also amazing how much better I copy
at 5wpm after practicing at 20wpm.
Shawn Upton
Electrical Engineering Student
University of Maine at Orono