[TenTec] Re: Mobile power wiring

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Mobile power wiring
From: peplasters@rockford.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 06:34:44 -0500
Morning;
One of my mobile ventures is Amateur radio on my Harley.  Talk about your
"minimum ground plane", any way I found that a "one-half wave" antenna
works better that the other standards when you do not have a ground plane.
As far as mounting the antenna goes you may have to get inventive!  I made
a clamp that fit on the chrome "luggage rack" and clamped that good and
solid, then mounted the antenna there.  Works pretty good considering the
whole rear end of the motorcycle is plastic.
73 Paul K9PEP