[TenTec] Filter capacity of Omni 6???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Filter capacity of Omni 6???
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 07:43:24 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/99 7:34:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, n1eu@yahoo.com
writes:

<<
 Would appreciate clarification of the filter holding
 capacity of the Omni 6.  I believe it will hold 3
 filters in the 9Mhz and 4 filters in the 6Mhz ifs (or
 is that only the plus)? Are all these filter positions
 replaceable or is one each of them factory
 installed/non-replaceable?  Is there a standard
 filter(s) shipped with the rig and, if so, which one
 is it? >>

Hi Barry,
Capacity in OMNI VI+ is one plug in filter 9 MHz, then next stage has two 9
MHz plug in spaces (cascaded to the first one) then 4 spaces plug in in 6 MHz
IF.
Just finished playing with IR filters and it looks like this is only rig on
the market that allows 3 filters to be cascaded without elaborate wiring and
switching. I am planning to load up either SSB or CW combo, depending which
contest is coming.
TenTec filters are excellent and cascading makes some sharp skirts.

GL
Yuri K3BU