[TenTec] "History of Ten Tec" question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "History of Ten Tec" question
From: jreber@sisna.com (Jason Reber)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:30:00 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE8FE8.E24AA540

Hello folks-
As a newcomer to the Ten Tec world, I enjoy the odds and ends I can pick =
up on about the company and it's product history on this reflector. =
There seems to be a lot of users of this reflector that have owned =
and/or collect a great variety of Ten Tec gear. I was browsing the =
"unofficial Ten Tec site" at http://asd.state.va.us/tentec/ and came =
across the model 536 Delta II transceiver, which brings me to my =
question: Why did Ten Tec move away from the LCD type freq. display, =
when did the Delta II come out, and was it a "successful" product?  I am =
curious about this because I have yet (that I can recall) to work anyone =
using a Delta II, and wonder if those who bought them were happy with =
them. I have worked most other Ten Tec rigs at one time or another, and =
in every case that it was discussed, the owners were very happy with =
their gear. I'm using an Omni D, which I suppose is ancient by modern =
standards. Nonetheless, it has turned me on to Ten Tec, and my next =
major rig purchase will be another Ten Tec.=20
Thanks,
Jason KA7UAM

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE8FE8.E24AA540

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello folks-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As a newcomer to the Ten Tec world, I enjoy the odds =
and ends=20
I can pick up on about the company and it's product history on this =
reflector.=20
There seems to be a lot of users of this reflector that have owned =
and/or=20
collect a great variety of Ten Tec gear. I was browsing the =
&quot;unofficial Ten=20
Tec site&quot; at <A=20
href=3D"http://asd.state.va.us/tentec/";>http://asd.state.va.us/tentec/</A=
> and=20
came across the model 536 Delta II transceiver, which brings me to my =
question:=20
Why did Ten Tec move away from the LCD type freq. display, when did the =
Delta II=20
come out, and was it a &quot;successful&quot; product?&nbsp; I am =
curious about=20
this because I have yet (that I can recall) to work anyone using a Delta =
II, and=20
wonder if those who bought them were happy with them. I have worked most =
other=20
Ten Tec rigs at one time or another, and in every case that it was =
discussed,=20
the owners were very happy with their gear. I'm using an Omni D, which I =
suppose=20
is ancient by modern standards. Nonetheless, it has turned me on to Ten =
Tec, and=20
my next major rig purchase will be another Ten Tec. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Jason KA7UAM</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE8FE8.E24AA540--