[TenTec] Question conecting a Ten-Tec Omni VI+ to a Drake L4BAmp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Question conecting a Ten-Tec Omni VI+ to a Drake L4BAmp
From: MitchA@pssch.ps.ge.com (MitchA@pssch.ps.ge.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:48:49 -0400

Larry:

I have my OMNI V connected that way to my L-4B amp. The AGC is
non-functional with
this setup, but the radio works very smoothly with the amplifier.  I've run
it this
way for 3 years with no problems.  I did add an Ameritron relay line
protection box
inline with the connection.

Keep in mind that the Ameritron QSK-5 box does not work well at all with the
Ten-Tec/L-4B combination; I had to send mine back due to incompatability.
However, a circuit including a Jennings vacuum relay will result in great
QSK up to about 45 WPM CW.

73 All --

Mitch Alexander
KG9DB