[TenTec] Questions about Dynamic Range and Modern Receivers.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Questions about Dynamic Range and Modern Receivers.
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 11:15:50 EDT
Here's my two cents, not that it is worth all that!

I think in an effort to gain 'general coverage' from synthesized rigs, we
have forgotten what a really great front end a preselector can make.  Dynamic
range is also important, but that triply tuned front end on a Drake
R4A/B/[not sure about the C], can't be beat.

If designed properly, dynamic range can be very high in a 'modern' rig.
Front end filtering and selectivity gets trickier as 'general coverage'
operation is achieved.

73, Jim NØOCT

In a message dated 5/18/99 4:59:47 AM Central Daylight Time,