[TenTec] Centaur problem ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centaur problem ?
From: badger@vbe.com (Michael Melland)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:17:58 -0500
John Lockhart wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> What kind of antenna are you using, and what's it's SWR
> on 15?  Do you have a dummy load you can substitute
> for your antenna for a test?

John,

I've tried the dummy load, different lengths of coax between rig and
amp.  SWR is abt 1.2:1 into antenna and 1.1:1 into dummy load.  SWR
between Omni V and amp is <2:1 .... seemingly about 1.6:1 or so.  Even
put the old original 15 meter filter back in place of the 10/12 meter
one and still same problem.  Maximum 200 watts out.  I've spoken to Paul
at Ten-Tec several times and we are about out of options.  Thought it
might be a band switch but 17 and 15 share the same switch setting and
17 loads and works fine.  Going to check for loose components inside
tonight and then ship it back.... again.... if I can't locate the
problem.

Michael Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA
FISTS #4387, 10-10 #69281, QRP-L #1656,