[TenTec] How's the new Vibroplex?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How's the new Vibroplex?
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O.Hyder)
Date: 4 Jun 1999 13:29:06 -0000

Mike Siegel <ki6pr@elite.net> said:

> Hi gang,
>
> Has anyone bought/used a Vibroplex bug from the new company in Alabama? =
> If so, how's the quality, fit, finish, and feel of their products? I was =
> not particularly impressed with the last of the product coming out of =
> Maine, but really did enjoy the old bugs from Brooklyn.
>
> The reason I ask is that they are now advertising a new "Blue Racer =
> 2000", and I just wonder if it's going to be as good as my original Blue =
> Racer?
>
> 73 to all,
> Mike KI6PR

Hi Mike, et al--

The original Blue Racers were scaled-down versions of the larger bugs.  The
yolk which holds the armature was smaller and the damper assembly was smaller.
That made for a cute little bug (I have two of the old style Blue Racers in
daily use).

The new one has the smaller base like the old one, but the yolk and the damper
are the same size as on the full-sized bugs.  Some have complained that it made
them look "top heavy."  I have not seen the bug, just photo images that have
floated around the web.  It is a pretty thing, but I would suggest you hang
onto your old Blue Racer, even if you get a new one.  Then YOU can be the one
making the decision.

About the quality (fit, finish and action), I know nothing about the new bugs
from Vibroplex -- sorry.
--
Regards, Mike N4NT@wireco.net