[TenTec] 1340/1320 kits

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1340/1320 kits
From: frank@electronicinstrument.com (Frank Krozel)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:42:21 -0500
Hi Lane, es all:
I built one over the holidays, a 1340, and it works well.  My only concern
was on alignment.  Nowadays, frequency counters are common in the shack, and
I was surprised to find no information on this.  But, a smart ;-) ham can
use his "general coverage" rig to zero beat the oscillators.  The way I did
it was to use three rigs, A Paragon, a 1340 and some Jap thing to figure out
where to set the three coils.  It was a real pain, and finally, I did some
on the air tests, which finally required re-setting the mechanical screw on
the RIT to finally get it right.  There is still some popping from T to R,
but Ten Tec had some mods that minimized this.  All in all, a good
investment in Ten Tec for a hundred bucks.
Now..... it works well.
Frank Krozel KG9H