[TenTec] 961 PS connection to Omni 6

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 961 PS connection to Omni 6
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:05:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Gang,

Still trying to exorcise the RF demons from my Omni
6+, which are causing severe audio distortion on 17/12
meters.

I am about to add some .01uf/2000V bypass caps to the
ac line input of the 961 power supply (lacks any
bypass as stock).  The 961 runs the ac hot lead off
the fuseholder right out the cable (white) to the
Omni, which jumpers the ac line and sends it back to
the 961 to use as its ac input.  I guess all this
accomplishes is to cut off the ac supply if the 961
isn't connected to the xcvr.  Is this really needed?
I would like to forego running the ac out & back, to
keep the connections as tight as possible.  I would
ground the two white wires at the 961 end and run the
961 directly off the fuseholder.

Would this be okay?

Tnx & 73,
Barry  N1EU