[TenTec] D-104

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] D-104
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: 11 Jun 1999 12:39:54 -0500
Yes, you can bypass the audio amp. in the base of the newer D-104 mikes!

You should be able to add some RC filtering to roll off the higher frequency
response of the basic element as well.  SImply take out the circuit board, and
you are left with that space and the 9V battery space to build in complete
compression circuit if you want!  The newer D-104 I saw had screw terminals
for the leads from the element to the preamp, and you could just move the
wires over to the output side, and leave the preamp alone for possible resale.

Gl,
Stuart K5KVH

Remember any crystal mike element is NOT good to leave out in the heat and
humidity; although a lot of them get used on TX Field Days!  I guess we have
enough heat in the shade of the tent to dry out the humidity in June FD!