[TenTec] Omni-C problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-C problems
From: Tim Cook" <timcook@erinet.com (Tim Cook)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 17:09:09 -0400
My Omni-C has a couple of strange problems that someone may be able to help
me with.

1. It has all the warc xtals, but doesn't rx on 18Mhz for some reason. The
display shows the 18 mhz frequency and it puts out ful power on that band,
but no receive. The "resonate" control does nothing for it.

2. with drive and alc full CCW, in lock or ptt position, into a dummy load,
it puts out about 150mw of power with no reflected power. However when
doiong the same thing on 20m into a 20m beam, it puts out the same 150mw of
power, but has an indicated SWR of 4:1.  When I increase the power output to
1 watt or so, the swr drops to about 1.2:1 (the actual swr of the beam) As
long as I run it at 1 or 2 watts or more it works just fine. On SSB with the
mic keyed, it shows the same 150mw out and 4:1 swr. Speaking into the mic
drops the swr and power output is fine.

3. I checked all connections for obvious problems, but to no avail.

 Any suggestions?
Thanks
Tim NZ8J