[TenTec] eme: Omni D vs vi+ DSP, wondering...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] eme: Omni D vs vi+ DSP, wondering...
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E.)
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 11:36:40 -0500
My DSP-59+ can't actually dig signals out that I can't hear already, but
it sure makes them more pleasant to copy if there's any detectable
signal at all. And it reduces that fatigue of listening to noise for
extended periods. The best combination is one of noise reduction, AGC,
and narrow filter that doesn't ring.

Fortunately the CW filter from Tentec (I don't know about the INRAD
filter) has much less of a tendency to ring than yaecomwood and Collins
filters and so reduces the creating of tones that might be interpreted
as signals by the over worked ear.

73, Jerry, K0CQ