[TenTec] Corsair II Display, gray hair

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Display, gray hair
From: kayser@king.igs.net (Larry Kayser)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:06:30 -0400
Greetings all:

Occasionally on here I will try to offer some "gray hair", this is what one
accumulates as one passes through this life, sometimes I get some gray hair,
like earlier today, and for once I am getting pass it on.....

On returning to my Island qth recently the Corsair II was unhappy, the
desplay read 002330 and the power supply had been run into crow bar mode -
probably bounced around by lightning on the AC line.

I reset the power supply but the display stayed the same. UGH!

I pulled down the manual and started looking.  On a trip to the village I
picked up my logic probe and my eyepieces so I could see the stuff inside
the little sealed box.  I was ready for a good fight with the rig.

This morning I visited Chas, VA3CH who I found is also a Corsair II fan (He
has two of them!) and when I mentioned my problem he was fast of the mark
with, "turn the power off and on a few times.  It will come back."

I got home a few minutes ago, unloaded the boat, came over to the desk and
flipped the power supply off and on a few times.

The display now works just like it should.

I have avoided opening the thing up - which just might be a blessing for the
radio.  I can now put away and then forget where I put my logic probe
(again).  Now I can get back to some serious operating with the bug from
here in the cabin.  I hope some of you get some benefit of this item.

Larry
VA3LK