[TenTec] 1330 30m or other QRP series mods?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1330 30m or other QRP series mods?
From: wallace@world.std.com (Andy Wallace)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 07:57:47 GMT
I really enjoy my 1330 and with 3W out actually work occasional DX. But I was
wondering if anyone knew of any mods to the rig which are worthwhile. I've put
their $12 single paddle keyer board inside mine. I was wondering how to improve:

1) AGC. Seems like turning up the volume doesn't really make the weak signals
any louder, but it will make the strong signals louder!

2) Hiss in audio. I'd like to reduce it with a lowpass filter.

But overall, I like the rig a lot. Receiver generally sounds very "clean" and
quiet.

--Andy
wallace@world.std.com