[TenTec] 1330 30m or other QRP series mods?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1330 30m or other QRP series mods?
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:48:53 -0400 (EDT)

Here's what I did. Remove the speaker, remove the resistors across the
headphone jack, get an MFJ-281 ClearTone speaker for $9 and plug it in the
phone jack. You will be amazed how it sounds. Use the extra space in the
rig for a real keyer if you don't like the one $12 job. The huge magnet in
their speaker really pulls the vfo and probably doesn't help stability
any. 73

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Andy Wallace wrote:

> I really enjoy my 1330 and with 3W out actually work occasional DX. But I was
> wondering if anyone knew of any mods to the rig which are worthwhile. I've put
> their $12 single paddle keyer board inside mine. I was wondering how to
> improve:
>
> 1) AGC. Seems like turning up the volume doesn't really make the weak signals
> any louder, but it will make the strong signals louder!
>
> 2) Hiss in audio. I'd like to reduce it with a lowpass filter.
>
> But overall, I like the rig a lot. Receiver generally sounds very "clean" and
> quiet.
>

> --Andy
> wallace@world.std.com
>
> --