[TenTec] Omni V PBT adjustment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V PBT adjustment
From: gmaier@ultranet.com (George Maier)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:39:08 -0400
Fellow Ten Tecnocrats:
Apologies if this is a repeat message; had some reflector access
probelms which were cleared up thanks to
the able help of Jim, AD6CW, the list admin.

The PBT in my Omni V seems to be mis-aligned (not centered).  Otherwise,
the rig is
so good that I've ignored the PBT issue, because it's a low level
problem.  Now it's time to get it right, however.
The manual shows two adjustments on the PBT board, but gives no detail
on
how to approach an alignment.  I'm guessing that C22 is there to get the
15.3023
xtal dead on freuency, while R18 is used to set the PBT to center when
the
knob out front is centered.  I'm also guessing that the carrier
oscillators should be set up first. Can anyone tell me if this is
correct ?
Had to sign off the reflector for a while due to personal issues, but
it's great to back where people still sell, swap, buy, and talk
technical more often than not.
Thanks for bandwidth..
George Maier - K1GXT