[TenTec] 10 meter FM on Omni V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 10 meter FM on Omni V
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:57:56 -0400
Carl Hyde wrote:

>  Are 10 meter repeaters PL
> coded  and how do you key one up?  I use the split
> mode to transmit on the input frequency and receive on
> the upper 600 output frequencies but I never hear
> anything.

In general, 10 meter repeaters use PL. This is to prevent a total
mess when the band is open. The split is -1 MHz, ie.: input for
29.62 is 29.52. Perhaps the best thing to try is park the rig on
29.6 simplex and leave it there for a week. If the band doesn't
open you will hear nothing but if there is a band opening you will
be rewarded. I'm in North Jersey and I seldom hear 10 m FM activity.
A good vertically polarized antenna, or at least an inverted V would
help.

                                73, Bob WB2VUF