[TenTec] [Q] Temp ctrl Fan available?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] [Q] Temp ctrl Fan available?
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:00:40 -0400
Hi, Scott--

It takes very little airflow over the heatsink of a Ten-Tec to keep it
really cool in the most adverse conditions.  A small 12 volt DC fan from a
discarded computer power supply will do a Jim-dandy job, and do it quietly.
The older supplies may have used quieter fans than the newer ones.  A friend
gave me one from an old, discarded supply; it is almost silent.  Plugging it
into the auxiliary 12 volt jack on the back of the rig turns it on and off
with the rig.

Cooling the heatsink is far better than blowing air through the rig, I
think.  The PA devices conduct their heat directly into the heatsink.  Air
circulating through the rig would not do much to cool anything that needs
cooling.

Those Ten-Tec folks, they think of everything!

73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net