[TenTec] Summary: no SPOT function on Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Summary: no SPOT function on Pegasus
From: Kenneth Hopper" <n9vv@mail.hamsnet.net (Kenneth Hopper)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 99 11:42:54 CST
SUMMARY: There is no "SPOT" or Zero Beat function in the new Pegasus.
W6RU has it right - you can zero beat and then tune up/down your offset.
The CW menu pick gives various offset options from 400hz to 900hz.

I would surely like the new DSP hardware to zero beat for me or to
at least give me a sidetone to match to. One of the K2 guys is building
a zero beat indicator with a PLL that is peaked for the offset freq.
Maybe that is the solution(?).

TenTec also responds that there is no variable QSK. You get full QSK
and no selectable delay or variable break-in.

Many thanks to all who responded.

de Ken N9VV