[TenTec] 160 MTR RX PROBLEM

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 160 MTR RX PROBLEM
From: ditzian@greenepa.net (Jan Ditzian)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:55:00 -0400

"John W. Morris" wrote:

> For the first time ever on my 6 year old Omni VI (upgraded to Plus), I
> tuned around on 160 meters.
>
> Was surprised to hear that all cw signals heard had a warble , or
> frequency shift on them. I tuned on 80-40-20-15 and everything sounded
> fine. Seems to be just a problem on 160.

Sounds like the problem that I had with my Omni VI on 10 meters.  It was a
bad crystal on the LO board.  Either do a board swap (not a difficult task,
and Ten Tec will send you the new board to try before demanding the old one
back) or let them fix it.  It is really difficult to replace the crystal and
also retune.

73,
Jan, KX2A