[TenTec] Frequency lockup OmniVI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Frequency lockup OmniVI+
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:02:26 -0400
Piotr,
I don't know about the Omni-6 but on the Omni-5  I have done a master
reset a few times if it starts to lock up or have any problem.  To master
reset remove the backup battery and while power is off press in reset on
the side then hold in the clear button on the keypad. Then turn on the
power there should then be two beeps one low and another higher pitched
release the clear button and rig should be operating properly. Everything
will be at default and all memory lost. If it won't you may need a new
software chip. As long as the rig power is turned on at the rig, not from
the power supply the power up should not cause lockup as the internal
regulator board will be in play.  Maybe someone with an Omni-6 can help
more.
73 Jeff,   aa8ve