[TenTec] Paragon 585, memory backup fault.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon 585, memory backup fault.
From: g3xvf@btinternet.com (Richard Davy G3XVF)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:04:41 +0100

Hello,

I Have a TenTec Paragon, serial number 585 -- 00575, which I have had
for a few years.  A fault has developed, that when switching the set on,
the display does not always come up, if switching off for a short time
and then on again it will appear ok, also the memory ram circuit will
not hold its last frequency used, date, or clock info.

Have fitted a new 9v Nicad backup memory battery, followed the
instructions on pages 1-2, 1-3 in the Paragon Owners Manual.  The
battery charges up after 4 hours.
But the fault still remains.

I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem, and how they cleared
the fault.

Any advice appreciated.

73 de Richard G3XVF.

QTH: Norwich, Norfolk, England.