[TenTec] I want a really good receiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] I want a really good receiver
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:20:16 EDT
Any of the older TT rigs will have excellent receivers, and can be had
relatively inexpensively.  Up to the Omni-D, Omni Series whatever, should be
very quiet in terms of synthesizer noise.  [yes? correct me if I'm wrong
here, list!]

Newer TT's are great picks also.  I own a Corsair 1 and an Argo 509.  The
Corsair 1 is my main contest rig [CW], and the '509 is the 'bench' rig [I
listen, rather than whistle, while I work].  There is more blow-by on the
'509 than the Corsair, but that is to be expected given the filter
arrangement.

In terms of long term listening, both are easy on the ears.  Not a lot of
extra noise in the rigs, and they are sensitive enough to turn the AF and RF
way down and still copy weak stations comfortably.

I guess what I"m trying to say is that you really can't go wrong with a TT
rig, especially the receiver section.  Drakes are good, too!

73, Jim
NØOCT