[TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77
From: bigmack@nortexinfo.net (Robert)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:25:27 -0500
Strictly my personal opinion...

   I have had Alinco radios from HTs to HF and the biggest problem I have
had with them was in the receiver. If I had a problem I couldn't fix, it
took forever to get a turnaround on a repair. On the other hand, I have had
the same dealings with TT, and I know  for a fact that Alinco techs are NOT
going to talk you through debugging the problem in order to keep from
having to box it up and ship it in.... One thing I learned a long time ago
from my ownership of a Yaesu FT102 and that is all the little buttons just
make it more difficult to find the sound you really want, and, all the
little lights burn out and need to be replaced sooner or later...