[TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77
From: jreber@es.com (jreber@es.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:37:35 -0600
You raise a great point, Walter. In spite of the bashing the Delta II/
Argonaut II took from QST, those rigs filled a niche Ten Tec has not since
filled. It's too bad they didn't make a few improvements on their function,
while continuing with the packaging and front panel style of those rigs.
I suppose it's hard for a smaller company like Ten Tec to compete with the
manufacturing abilities of a company like Kenwood- that is why we're seeing
rigs like the Pegasus and the RX-320 PC radio coming from Ten Tec. It allows
them to focus on electrical/RF design, while not having to spend time and
money on a complex front panel, which can easily be simulated on a PC
screen. Nonetheless, I wish they would produce something like a "Scout II"
that wouldn't require modules, wouldn't have the drift problems, and would
have a few more features. I guess time will tell....

Jason