[TenTec] Omni D during contest.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D during contest.
From: darwin@together.net (K & H Darwin)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:18:28 -0500
Well, actually Roy, I kinda wish I wasn't enjoying it as much.  I bought
the Omni D cheap and took a risk that it might have some problems.  It did.
 The VFO needed rebuilding, panel lamps were out, the bandswitch is noisy /
intermittent on 40 - 10 and the rig doesn't work on 80 or 160 (bandswitch
problem I'm sure).  Also, it was owned by a smoker so it smells when I open
it up to work on it.

My plan was to have a cheap rig so I could enjoy an occasional QSO or DX
chase without feeling guilty about having lots of $$$ tied up in a rig I
didn't use that often.  The problem is that I'm enjoying it more than I
thought and now I'm tempted to sell it and buy a nice mint Omni D with all
the accessories.

Arrrrggggg.  TT - I think one of the T's must stand for Temptation !!!

Keith Darwin
KD1E
Ferrisburg, VT

<tentec@contesting.com>