[TenTec] Omni D during contest.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D during contest.
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:43:27 -0500
And here is a perfect example of the advantage of audio derived agc.
Had you been using a newer rig with IF derived agc, those clicks would
have immediately reduced the gain of your IF amp and you would loose
data from the desired station. Audio derived agc simply doesn't
respond to the clicks because they lack sufficient envelope component
to produce agc voltage therefore you hear your desired signal AND the
annoying click but at least you can still copy!

Steve N4LQ