[TenTec] external signal source

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] external signal source
From: james.owen@nist.gov (James Owen)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 10:29:48 -0500
Steve Ellington N4LQ wrote:

> I've always wondered if there were some easy way to disable the
> processors correction to the PTO and just let it drift slowly on it's
> own. I can handle a little drift but that sudden jumping would be
> embarassing.
> Steve N4LQ
On SSB this is easy to do. Just set the speed switch to speed. This
allows you to set the keyer speed and drops the frequency lock while in
that postion. I do this when I have a birdie on a SSB frequency I want
to operate. I find that after warmup the drift is VERY small on my
Scout, less than 100 Hz/hr.  You could do this on CW also by going into
the rig and unsoldering the wire that supplies the correction voltage to
the varicap in the VFO. I don't fine the drift to be a problem.
73 Jim K4CGY