[TenTec] Scout on digital modes?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout on digital modes?
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 07:48:04 -0800 (PST)
I used my Scout on PSK-31 and with my KAM + on RTTY
and Pactor and it worked great. PSK-31 was especially
nice. I was living in an apartment and had a dipole in
the attic made from four Skinky's and some ladder
line. I worked anywhere in the US and a lot of Europe
and logged PSK contacts far into Russia. My best
contact with the Slinky and 50 watts was Antarctica on
20 meter CW. To get audio out use a radio shack Y cord
then wire a Y configured Mic cord to get audio in and
PTT. I used a simple toggle switch to set the PTT line
on transmit. The excellent receiver in the scout will
pay big dividends on PSK-31.

And don't pay any attention to those knuckleheads who
are worried about frequency drift. Buy that Scout and
you will have the most fun per dollar in Ham Radio.

--- w3tw_2 <w3tw_2@email.msn.com> wrote:

> Hello to all,
>     I'm thinking of buying a Scout. My questions is
> how well it works on
> digital modes like psk31?
>
>     I saw in a previous message that TenTec does not
> reccommend the Scout on
> amtor. I wonder how many ops use the Scout in
> digital (possibly high duty
> cycle) modes?
>
>     Not that I would use it full throttle (I'd crank
> it down quite a bit) in
> rtty, but amtor or psk31 would be my thing.
>
> Tom    W3TW
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
> Administrative requests:
> tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:
> owner-tentec@contesting.com
> Search:
> http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

=====
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH
cshyde@yahoo.com
Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.