[TenTec] Omni 6 Rcv Audio Mods?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 Rcv Audio Mods?
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 21:54:37 -0500
I've tried both and the effect was slight. To make the audio sound
better on ssb you need wider IF filters. To verify this, remove the
bottom covers and using jumper leads, bypass the IF filters in both
stages. Just hook the leads diagonaly across the filters to the
ungrounded pins and observe the hi-fi audio. Some folks have installed
2.8khz filters and experienced better rx audio too.
Steve N4LQ