[TenTec] Paragon Value

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Value
From: wb0cff@hotmail.com (Carl R. Gansen)
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:50:16 PST
Last week somebody was asking about the value of a Paragon.
I had noted that Burghardt's had 3 used Paragons listed at
$1049 and just today moticed they have dropped the price to
$995.  What is the value of a Paragon now with Pegasus rigs
available?  Is a Paragon at about $1000 a good deal if you
can buy a new Pegasus with warranty & 30 day return policy?
Is the Pegasus putting price pressure on other manufacturer's
general coverage rcvr/ham band xcvrs? Has anybody noted anthing
along these lines?

Both provide general coverage and the same ham band capabilities.
I suspect the Pegasus is ultimately more versatile than a
Paragon.  I think it would be interesting see a comparison of a Paragon and
Pegasus sitting side by side.

Carl R. Gansen  WB0CFF
9300 W 225 St
Belle Plaine, Mn. 56011-4206