[TenTec] Dupes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Dupes
From: ac5aa@juno.com (ac5aa@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:22:06 -0600
Charlie,
        A number of times while running S&P (search & pounce, for the beginner
contesters) I've heard a station that is off to the side of me give me a
report when I wasn't calling him.  I don't log 'em since I'm in QSO with
another station, and if that station were logging properly he would not
log me.  When there is confusion, it would be good for me to give the
called station's call letters so the other guy didn't think I was giving
him the exchange.  Usually I call the other guy within seconds, so he
figures out what happened or thinks I didn't get the report the first
time and repeats it.  But I don't do this if I can't hear him on the
first pass.  I was surprised in the recent 10m contest how many people
were working others way off their freq, and, conversely, how many S&P'ers
didn't know how to zero-beat a station they were calling.

        73,  Duane    AC5AA