[TenTec] Dupes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Dupes
From: jyoung@tir.com (Jess Young)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:30:46 -0500
Had the same problem many times, Charlie, as recently as the 10 meter
contest.  I use CT for contest logging, so I know I really had not worked
them.  I suspect that you have the answer, that we are working more than one
at a time.  I use the 500 kc (oops, khz) filter usually, but drop to the 250
when it gets crowded.  We probably don't hear the other station come back.
This usually happens to me when I am hunting and pouncing, and since I don't
send their callsign and have them outside my filter, they think they have a
qso when I am working a weak one.  I guess the only way to avoid it would be
if the contest rules demanded both stations send both callsigns.  Strangely
enough, I have never had this pop up when I am running stations.......I use
the 500 khz filter then, and probably miss calls from those that haven't
figured out how to zero beat.

73 and good contesting

Jess, W8JY