[TenTec] Sticking meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sticking meter
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:59:02 -0500
Sometimes a sticking meter it just due to static electricity on the meter
lens. If sliding your finger back and forth on the meter face causes it
to rise and stick, a wipe with a dryer sheet or even damp cloth may fix
it. Use distilled water so there won't be any water spots.

 If you have any LP record static eliminator left over from 1973 this
would be a good time to use it again. Remember those "Static Guns"? It's
probably in the same box as your LED wrist watch and that wide white
belt!  I guess the '90's version would be computer display cleaner. For
T*T rigs you may have to remove the meter to do this because of the front
lens on the rig, they are not that hard to get to.

I've seen a lot of expensive panel meters replaced when they just had a
static (Cling) problem.

73 es good luck  Jeff aa8ve

To: <tentec@contesting.com>