[TenTec] Hercules II idle IC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II idle IC
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 20:08:34 -0500
Ken
The first thing I would do is determine if it's really drawing 10 amps
or if the meter just says so. The meter derives this measurement
through a rather complex network of components. If it turns out to be
a false reading, you will find a pot on the Control board, R2, that
adjust the current reading on the meter but not the actual current. If
it turns out that you are really drawing 10 amps then you probably
have a bias problem and the "bias board" needs attention. The Hercules
is a complicated little box. Let's hope it's just out of adjustment!
Steve N4LQ