[TenTec] Hercules II idle IC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II idle IC
From: w7ts@uswest.net (Ken Kinyon - W7TS)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:48:02 -0700
Thanks to all who replied to my original post.  I finally bit the bullet and
dug out the cable I made when I was powering the Hercules with a  battery.
There is no convenient way to Break into the cable attached to the 9420
supply without a lot of haywire.  I hooked the battery cable up to one of my
other supplies in series with a multi meter.  The meter on the rig still
read about 10 amps but the multi-meter showed only .77 amps which I imagine
is about right for the panel lights and whatever else is going on when the
amp is in standby.   So everything seems OK.  A special thanks to Steve
N4LQ, who told me which was the appropriate pot to tweak to zero the meter.
I will do that during my next maintenance day.  I also need to replace some
pilot lights in the Titan and Omni.  So the next time the bands are dead I
will do it all :<)  Nothing other than idle curiosity started all this.  Or
perhaps the famous handyman Red Green is correct when he says, " If it isn't
broke, you aren't trying hard enough."
Once again, Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.
73,
Ken W7TS

Kenneth E.  Kinyon
34 Princeton Circle