[TenTec] 1253 9 Band Shortwave Receiver Kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1253 9 Band Shortwave Receiver Kit
From: seweber@netnitco.net (seweber@netnitco.net)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:41:43 -0600
Hi.. Anyone built one of the 1253 9 band SW Rx kits?  How long did it take
& is it a real radio?  I have a college kid and a 14 year old stepson and
am thinking of getting two of these so they can assemble them together.
The college kid is a tech plus and the 14 YO is a wannabe ham.

I was thinking (dangerous situation according to my xyl) that they could
help each other and improve an already good relationship with each other.
Step-siblings that actually like each other!  Of course they could also end
up hating each other when they are done.

Any comments from the group will be much appreciated.

Thanks es 73

73 de Steve Weber, KD9BO
--
An infinite number of rednecks