[TenTec] OMNI VI + pwr meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI + pwr meter
From: alforo@megsinet.net (Alfred Lorona)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:08:47 -0800
I just measured the OMNI VI + power meter calibration using an accurate
power attenuator, dummy load, Bird thruline power/swr meter and a Boonton Rf
power meter. I adjusted the power out of the OMNI to the levels indicated
under the Bird column and then recorded what the OMNI meter indicated. Here
are the results:

Bird                OMNI

100 watts        75 watts
50                    35
40                    25
30                    16
20                    18
10                    14
5                      12
2.5                   10

Note that the OMNI meter is non-linear - reads low at higher powers and high
at lower powers. I have not yet adjusted the internal pot per the manual to
make the meter read 100 watts at true 100 watt output but will do so as soon
as I get a chance and see what happens. In the meantime, I trust my Bird.

73, AL, w6wqc e-mail alforo@megsinet.net