[TenTec] New to TENTEC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New to TENTEC
From: rrbunn@tidalwave.net (Rick and Karen Bunn)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:31:20 -0500
HI All,
    I have been an active ham for over 25 years and currently run some
Collins and Kenwood gear on HF.
    I have been looking for a new HF station in the $1000 to $1400 price
range that provides superior performance for DXing and HF Contesting.  I
have been looking at the TenTec radios and in particular the Paragon as
prime candidates.  Would like to know what you all think and any
recommendations you have.
    I understand that the newer rigs do not have dual recieve like the
older Delta, can one put an outboard reciever on the Omni s or the
Paragons ?  What's the story on the aftermarket chips for these rigs?
    Your help will be much appriciated

    73 Rick / N4ASX
    Alexandria VA