[TenTec] Re: Triton lettering and replacing vinyl

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Triton lettering and replacing vinyl
From: moore@rscs.net (Andrew Moore)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:57:12 -0500

I'd try to get a high resolution close-up photograph of the letters
(using film, not a digital camera) from a "good" Triton, scan the negative
into a photo editing program, resize it to actual size based on your
measurements, and print that out.  You can get rubber stamps made
quite easily at many copy centers, and all they require is a print out
of the image that you want transferred to the stamp.  Ink it with a
black paint and stamp it onto your Triton.

I haven't tried that, but maybe it's a good start.

I'll be happy to provide you with a high res scan if it helps.  Mine says
"Triton IV".

------

Now, how do I replace the vinyl covering on my 540 and accessories?
Has anyone found a suitable stock-looking replacement?  The only
material I found was too thick to allow the covers to slide back onto the
enclosures.

Andrew, NV1B