[TenTec] Omni C on 17m

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C on 17m
From: N4NT@charter.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 17:38:58 -0500
Maybe you should call Ten-Tec service for advice on that.

The problem is that the Omni-C puts out various spurs on the 18 MHz band.
This is caused by mixer products and the 9 MHz IF which doubles right
through.  Often the spur(s) are on the order of several watts.

When I told Steve N4LQ about that, he poo-pooed it, too.  But after he
investigated, he found the same trouble.  Perhaps he'll jump in here with
his test results.

Can't speak for N9VV, but bet he has such spurs!  There is really no
feasible way to avoid them.  Maybe he doesn't know, or doesn't care.

73 de Mike N4NT@charter.net