[TenTec] 'Just the facts' - Sgt. Friday

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 'Just the facts' - Sgt. Friday
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:37:19 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 seweber@netnitco.net wrote:

>>How many Omni 6 Plus's by Ten-Taki Electronics of Osaka, Japan would...

> Well, if you had to place a phone call to Osaka to get accurate tech
> I have been down the YaeComWood route, and will not subject myself to that
> kind of abuse again.  They are nice rigs if you never ever require support

I think this is another straw argument for the most part.  Ten Tec service
is usually quite good, and I am glad to deal with those fellows.  However,
I just got some free parts from kenwood to fix my ancient TS 440 in about
2 days from the factory.  I get a lot of free advice anytime over on the
Kenwood list from their authorized service guy, Clif at Avvid.

The guys over on the Kenwood list (where I also hang out) do not rag on
Ten Tec, by the way.

As I have stated before (and probably will again), I choose Ten Tec rigs
whenever they are meet my requirements better than other rigs.  Service
and reliability seem to be a wash to me.  Its what the rig does when I
turn it on that counts.

Clark
WA3JPG