[TenTec] Omni V Problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Problems
From: K2ZF@aol.com (K2ZF@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:17:33 EST
Dear Brien, I have gone thru the gambit looking for the cure for the same
problem that you are having. The solution seemed too simple, that was why the
problem dragged on so long. The pins in the connector separate from heat
caused by current flowing through them. There is also oxidation build up and
the two problems then combine to create a real headache. Believe me, I have
seen it with my own eyes, change the connector, radio shack probably sells
them, or order it from Ten Tec. It takes only minutes to put on a new
connector and you will be back good as new. You would be led to believe that
the problem is more serious, because of the dimming of the display, the front
panel even locking up at times. A master reset will not fix the problem if it
is the connector at fault ! Let me know what happens, I will be my bottom
dollar the problem will be as corrected as discribed.
Take care Brien, Jim K2ZF