[TenTec] Paragon PLL question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon PLL question
From: stan@studio-maint.com (Stan Jacox)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:05:06 -0800
Hello again
I posted the following question last night and didn't see the message get to
the reflector so I plunged ahead and discovered that both the reference osc.
board and the minor loop board were causing two different problems. The
minor loop board was causing a rapid jitter/flutter of the VCO of a
peak -peak value of 250hz and the reference oscillator board was dropping
out completely at times. After localizing the ref. osc. problem to one area
of the board I removed and replaced all the solder on about 1/3 of the board
and reflowed solder on the remainder. That took care of the intermittent
osc. problem.  The minor loop board was simply stripped off of all excess
solder and resoldered with 2% silver bearing solder.

Now I'm a happy Paragon owner again.

Tnx
Stan KM6XZ

From: Stan Jacox <stan@studio-maint.com>