[TenTec] PM-3 Hum problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PM-3 Hum problem
From: gmaier@ultranet.com (George Maier)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:23:47 -0500
Hi T-T fans:

This may have come up before, so I'll apologize in advance.  My PM-3 has
a very pronounced hum on receive.  The hum appears to get stronger when
peaking the receiver tuning control.  It is independent of power
supply.  I've tried it with my 961, an Astron VS-35, and a cheap Radio
Shack thing; all the same.  I would guess that it's time to start
replacing electrolytic caps, but before I shot-gun it, I was wondering
if any one else had been down this same road.

Thanks for the read

George Maier - K1GXT