[TenTec] PM-3 Hum problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PM-3 Hum problem
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:32:40 -0500
The PM-3 and other direct conversion receivers all suffer from something
called common mode interference when used with an AC supply. The easiest way
to eliminate this problem is to use lantern batteries with the PM-3. If you
want to use an AC supply, I think there's a way you can use ferrite torroids
on the power leads to block the hum. There's a technical explanation of why
this hum occurs. Check back issues of the Handbook and old QSTs. I recall
reading about it somewhere.

73, Winston K4CWQ