[TenTec] SWR Bridge Null Adjustment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SWR Bridge Null Adjustment
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 21:51:08 -0500
    I have a Titan amplifier that has numerous hundreds of operating
hours on it. I am beginning to see that the reflected power is reading
high, even when loaded into a good 50 ohm load. I say 'good 50 ohm load'
because a network analyzer shows better than 25 dB return loss from
3-30MHz. While I understand the forward and reflected power adjustments
on the Titan's SWR bridge, I'm not sure how to adjust the null capacitor
for the bridge. When talking with TenTec, the answer I got was that
capacitor "was supposed to be at a 45 degree angle", which of coures
makes no technical sense to me.
    Has anyone been the the calibration of the Titan amp SWR bridge that
could tell me the correct way for adjusting the null capacitor?
    Thanks.

Chester Alderman
W4BQF  (Tom)
chestert@pressroom.com